Kali - Black Checks (Muthukattam) Handloom Kanchi Cotton Saree with Zari
A true celebration of elegance and beauty, refresh your wardrobe with Kali, a modern and versatile Checks Handloom Kanchi cotton saree in black shade with zari. The fusion of cotton and zari offers a fresh and contemporary take on traditional attire. Its versatility makes it a perfect choice for various occasions, allowing you to transition from casual gatherings to formal events.
Saree Body: Crafted with meticulous attention to detail, the saree features beautiful "MuthuKattam" (windowpane checks. "Muthukattam" originates from the Tamil language, where "muthu" means pearl and "kattam" refers to the arrangement or pattern that resembles a grid or lattice, with small square or rectangular shapes created by intersecting lines.) in radiant gold zari. The juxtaposition of the soft and breathable cotton fabric with the shimmering zari creates a stunning visual contrast, making this saree truly unique and eye-catching.
Saree Border: Enhancing the edges of the saree, the "Rettai Pettu" border elegantly graces both sides. It features bands of "Pavunupet motifs" and "Paisley motifs" enclosed within "geometric bands" intricately woven in gleaming gold zari threads. Flanking the border is a delicate "leaf anklet", crafted with precision in gold zari, exuding a sense of sophistication and artistic finesse.
Saree Pallu: The scintillating zari pallu of the saree showcases recurring bands that mirror the design of the border, ensuring a cohesive and harmonious look. Further, a band of beautiful "Peacock motifs" in enclosed "Veldhari stripes (beautiful wavy lines adorned with delicate dots in between)" and the divided field of the pallu embellished with intricate temple tower motifs on a twill weave created using radiant gold zari, lend an air of grandeur and splendor.
Saree Blouse: Comes with an unstitched running blouse in Black Shade color along with a border, as in the saree.
Measurements: 6.2mts (including blouse)
❗Disclaimer: This is a handloom Saree and may have slight irregularities that are a natural outcome of human involvement in the weaving process. Actual product color may vary slightly because of screen resolution and digital photography.
• It is advisable to only dry-clean our Sarees. Use mild detergent to hand wash Cotton Sarees.
WASH, DRY & IRON PURE SILK THE RIGHT WAY
• For first three washes, dry cleaning is advisable for silk fabrics.
• If ever silk is washed in water, ensure it is washed in soft lukewarm water using a good neutral soap only.
• Squeeze lightly by hand to remove water after washing.
• Always dry the silk in shade only on a flat surface instead of hanging.
• Use low to medium heat while ironing.
• Always iron silk on the reverse side.
• Never spray water to dampen silk before ironing as it may cause water spots on the fabric.
• Do not wash the stains with water, instead give it for dry cleaning.
STORE PURE SILKS THE RIGHT WAY
• Store your Silk in a clean and dry environment using Cotton bags; avoid plastic covers.
• Avoid direct contact with wood.
• Protect silk from insects, dust, excessive moisture and light.
• Periodically (every 3-6 months) expose silks to fresh air and store after reversing the folds.
• Wrap Silk Sarees in cotton cloth or brown paper to avoid blackening of zari.
• Instead of Naphthalene balls, keep silica gel sachets in storage racks.
DOMESTIC SHIPPING: We offer FREE SURFACE SHIPPING for all Indian orders. Free shipping is automatically applied at checkout.
The Weaves Art (TWA) is committed to deliver your order with good quality packaging within given time frame. We ship Monday to Friday (excluding weekends and national holidays in India). Delivery within India takes 3 to 5 business days from dispatch. Should you need an expedited delivery, please DM (Direct Message) us and we will try our best to prioritize your order.
INTERNATIONAL SHIPPING: For international shipping, the shipping cost will be calculated at the time of checkout. We deliver all major countries in the world and use the best possible service to get your order delivered to you. International delivery takes 7 to 10 business days from dispatch.