Tarika - Dark Blue Color Lakshadeepam Handloom Kanchi Cotton Saree
Elegance and grace meet in Tarika, the splendid Lakshadeepam Handloom Kanchi cotton saree in dark blue lapis lazuli color. A true embodiment of tradition and beauty, Tarika is the ideal choice for formal events and soirees, where you wish to exude a timeless charm. Crafted from the finest quality cotton, this saree is not only breathable but also exceptionally soft against your skin.
Saree body: The hallmark of this saree is the mesmerizing "Muthu Kattam (pearl checks)", adorned with petite "Deepam (diya) motifs" in a striking ochre color (earthen yellow / shade of orange). Thoughtfully placed motifs in each checkbox to create a luminous contrast against the dark blue lapis lazuli backdrop, reminiscent of twinkling stars in the night sky.
Saree border: The gorgeous border of the saree is a true work of art, divided into three segments on both sides. The two outer segments feature embellished bands, showcasing "Leaping pegasus horse motifs" and "Elephant motifs", interspersed with delicate "Floral vines" in cream color. Vibrant "Veldhari stripes" encircle these captivating designs in ochre color, enhancing the overall border’s charm. The central segment, in a solid and vibrant hue of ochre, offers a striking contrast that further enriches the border’s beauty. Leaf anklets at one end and a dark blue selvedge at the bottom add an extra touch of grace.
Saree Pallu: The Pallu, or Anchal, of the saree is a splendid showcase of traditional motifs meticulously woven in cream-colored threads within recurring bands. One set of motifs features "Leaping pegasus horses", while another set showcases "Annapakshi and Gaja-yazhi motifs" enclosed within "ornate arch frames", all elegantly separated by "Veldhari stripes", resulting in a captivating and harmonious pattern. The divided section of the Pallu boasts repeating columns of "flowers", "a stylish diagonal weave pattern", and charming "thuthiripookal motifs", further enhancing its distinctive allure.
Saree Blouse: Comes with a plain unstitched blouse in a deep lapis lazuli blue color, with a border that mirrors the design of the saree's border, serves as the ideal complement
Measurements: 6.2mts (including blouse)
❗Disclaimer: This is a handloom Saree and may have slight irregularities that are a natural outcome of human involvement in the weaving process. Actual product color may vary slightly because of screen resolution and digital photography.
• It is advisable to only dry-clean our Sarees. Use mild detergent to hand wash Cotton Sarees.
WASH, DRY & IRON PURE SILK THE RIGHT WAY
• For first three washes, dry cleaning is advisable for silk fabrics.
• If ever silk is washed in water, ensure it is washed in soft lukewarm water using a good neutral soap only.
• Squeeze lightly by hand to remove water after washing.
• Always dry the silk in shade only on a flat surface instead of hanging.
• Use low to medium heat while ironing.
• Always iron silk on the reverse side.
• Never spray water to dampen silk before ironing as it may cause water spots on the fabric.
• Do not wash the stains with water, instead give it for dry cleaning.
STORE PURE SILKS THE RIGHT WAY
• Store your Silk in a clean and dry environment using Cotton bags; avoid plastic covers.
• Avoid direct contact with wood.
• Protect silk from insects, dust, excessive moisture and light.
• Periodically (every 3-6 months) expose silks to fresh air and store after reversing the folds.
• Wrap Silk Sarees in cotton cloth or brown paper to avoid blackening of zari.
• Instead of Naphthalene balls, keep silica gel sachets in storage racks.
DOMESTIC SHIPPING: We offer FREE SURFACE SHIPPING for all Indian orders. Free shipping is automatically applied at checkout.
The Weaves Art (TWA) is committed to deliver your order with good quality packaging within given time frame. We ship Monday to Friday (excluding weekends and national holidays in India). Delivery within India takes 3 to 5 business days from dispatch. Should you need an expedited delivery, please DM (Direct Message) us and we will try our best to prioritize your order.
INTERNATIONAL SHIPPING: For international shipping, the shipping cost will be calculated at the time of checkout. We deliver all major countries in the world and use the best possible service to get your order delivered to you. International delivery takes 7 to 10 business days from dispatch.