Smana - Dark Scarlet Color Handloom Kanchipuram Cotton Saree with Bomkai Motifs
Indulge in the opulent allure of Smana, a breathtaking handloom Kanchipuram Cotton Saree in the rich hue of Dark Scarlet, adorned with the exquisite craftsmanship of Odisha's Bomkai. Smana transcends the ordinary, weaving a tapestry of cultural richness and artistic finesse that will undoubtedly captivate your senses. This unique creation, painstakingly crafted from high-quality cotton, encapsulates the very essence of Smana by embracing the uniqueness that sets it apart. As you envelop yourself in the folds of this distinct saree, experience the unraveling stories of fusion craft at every turn, transforming each moment into a journey through the rich heritage of Indian textiles.
Saree Body: The saree body is a canvas of petite "Barpali (Diamond Pattern) motifs", delicately woven using a cross-stitch pattern in half repeat, adorned in a harmonious blend of orange and old lace colors, add an undeniable touch of elegance, creating a mesmerizing symphony of traditional aesthetics.
Saree Border: The borders of Smana tell a tale of sheer beauty and grace. Ornate "Mayur (peacocks) motifs" dance along one band, their "Pida (slender lines)" creating an enchanting visual, while the second band unveils a marine spectacle with "Fish motifs", encapsulated by "Water wave patterns" in vivid orange. Bands adorned with "Phulbani (floral) motifs" and "Sankha (conch shell) motifs" in old lace color add depth, turning the borders into a captivating work of art.
Saree Pallu: The true craftsmanship lies in the pallu of Smana, a kaleidoscope of colors and patterns that exude vibrancy and charm. "Geometrical motifs" in orange, yellow, cream, and shades of green form recurring bands, creating a visual symphony. "Bird motifs" in shades of green and yellow alternate with "Fish motifs", "ornate Floral anklets", and "Kotki (Triangle patterns)", bringing an animated grace to the drape.
The divided field of the pallu, with a diagonal weave in old lace color, unveils sequential "geometric peacock motifs", one gazing at another while perched on a tree in shades of green and yellow. The repetition of shapes and motifs adds a rhythmic balance to the pallu, making it a visual poetry that resonates with tradition and innovation.
Saree Blouse: Smana comes with an unstitched blouse in the same Dark Scarlet hue, adorned with a border that echoes the splendor of the saree.
Measurements: 6.2mts (including blouse)
❗Disclaimer: This is a handloom Saree and may have slight irregularities that are a natural outcome of human involvement in the weaving process. Actual product color may vary slightly because of screen resolution and digital photography.
• It is advisable to only dry-clean our Sarees. Use mild detergent to hand wash Cotton Sarees.
WASH, DRY & IRON PURE SILK THE RIGHT WAY
• For first three washes, dry cleaning is advisable for silk fabrics.
• If ever silk is washed in water, ensure it is washed in soft lukewarm water using a good neutral soap only.
• Squeeze lightly by hand to remove water after washing.
• Always dry the silk in shade only on a flat surface instead of hanging.
• Use low to medium heat while ironing.
• Always iron silk on the reverse side.
• Never spray water to dampen silk before ironing as it may cause water spots on the fabric.
• Do not wash the stains with water, instead give it for dry cleaning.
STORE PURE SILKS THE RIGHT WAY
• Store your Silk in a clean and dry environment using Cotton bags; avoid plastic covers.
• Avoid direct contact with wood.
• Protect silk from insects, dust, excessive moisture and light.
• Periodically (every 3-6 months) expose silks to fresh air and store after reversing the folds.
• Wrap Silk Sarees in cotton cloth or brown paper to avoid blackening of zari.
• Instead of Naphthalene balls, keep silica gel sachets in storage racks.
DOMESTIC SHIPPING: We offer FREE SURFACE SHIPPING for all Indian orders. Free shipping is automatically applied at checkout.
The Weaves Art (TWA) is committed to deliver your order with good quality packaging within given time frame. We ship Monday to Friday (excluding weekends and national holidays in India). Delivery within India takes 3 to 5 business days from dispatch. Should you need an expedited delivery, please DM (Direct Message) us and we will try our best to prioritize your order.
INTERNATIONAL SHIPPING: For international shipping, the shipping cost will be calculated at the time of checkout. We deliver all major countries in the world and use the best possible service to get your order delivered to you. International delivery takes 7 to 10 business days from dispatch.