Kumudini - Korvai Ganga Jamuna Handloom Kanchi Cotton Saree with Pure Silk Borders & Silk Thread Work
Immerse yourself in the allure of timeless elegance with Kumuduni, a captivating Korvai Ganga-Jamuna handloom Kanchi Cotton Saree. In a resplendent ivory hue, adorned with Silk Borders and Silk Thread work, it beckons you into a realm of enchantment. The deep Pink Sapphire and lively Emerald Green converge in a radiant symphony, creating an opulent tapestry that captivates the senses. Crafted with meticulous precision from the finest cotton and silk, Kumuduni offers the perfect blend of grace and comfort, making it an ideal choice for moments when you wish to shine without the burden of heavy silk sarees. Let this saree be your canvas for self-expression, a story waiting to be told, and an embodiment of pure grace that resonates with your unique essence.
Saree Body: Adorned with "Muthu Kattam Checks (traditional Pearl Checks)", woven with Silk yarns in a mesmerizing Red Strawberry Quartz hue. The crisscrossing horizontal and vertical lines elegantly form squares, creating a subtle yet refined look that sets the tone for sophistication.
Silk Borders: The legendary "Korvai Ganga - Jamuna Silk Borders" are a testament to the artisan's skill. The Pink Sapphire color at the bottom edge and the vibrant Emerald Green color on top gracefully interlace with the body of the saree, forming a seamless connection. The borders feature a laborious display of craftsmanship with "Gopuram Rekku (triangular spires representing temples)", intricately handwoven in korvai style. Bands embellished with "Veldhari stripes (bhel dhari / inspired by a traditional finger ring called Neli)" enclosed within "Muthu Seer bands" this embellishment is further adorned with golden yellow color "Button buttas (bobby butta)", culminating in a captivating visual spectacle. "Paisleys and Leaf anklets (salangai / kolusu)" delicately flank one end of the band, adding an extra layer of elegance to the overall pattern.
Saree Pallu: The subtle pallu of the saree is a canvas of artistry, with recurrent bands woven in Red Strawberry Quartz Silk yarns. Jewellery-inspired motifs like the "Jadai nagam (inspired by a traditional hair fashion accessory)", in enclosed "floral bud anklets" grace the pallu, creating an aura of timeless beauty. The "Vanki pattern (reminiscent of V-shaped arm bands)", adds a subtle touch of grandeur and elegance to the divided field of the pallu. The entire pattern is gracefully enclosed with "Muthu seer lines," further amplifying its inherent allure.
Saree Blouse: Completing this enchanting ensemble is the unstitched blouse in the same ivory color, echoing the elegance of the saree's body and mirroring the grace of the ganga-jamuna border.
The Finer Details:
- Source: Curated directly from the weaver.
- Weaving Cluster: Kanchipuram / Kanjivaram.
- Technic: Korvai.
- Saree Color: Ivory with Jewel-tone borders.
- Blouse Color: Ivory.
- Fabric / Material: Mulberry Silk & Cotton.
- Measurements: 6.2 meters including Blouse.
❗Disclaimer: This is a handloom Saree and may have slight irregularities that are a natural outcome of human involvement in the weaving process. Actual product color may vary slightly because of screen resolution and digital photography & dimensions are only approximate values.
• It is advisable to only dry-clean our Sarees. Use mild detergent to hand wash Cotton Sarees.
WASH, DRY & IRON PURE SILK THE RIGHT WAY
• For first three washes, dry cleaning is advisable for silk fabrics.
• If ever silk is washed in water, ensure it is washed in soft lukewarm water using a good neutral soap only.
• Squeeze lightly by hand to remove water after washing.
• Always dry the silk in shade only on a flat surface instead of hanging.
• Use low to medium heat while ironing.
• Always iron silk on the reverse side.
• Never spray water to dampen silk before ironing as it may cause water spots on the fabric.
• Do not wash the stains with water, instead give it for dry cleaning.
STORE PURE SILKS THE RIGHT WAY
• Store your Silk in a clean and dry environment using Cotton bags; avoid plastic covers.
• Avoid direct contact with wood.
• Protect silk from insects, dust, excessive moisture and light.
• Periodically (every 3-6 months) expose silks to fresh air and store after reversing the folds.
• Wrap Silk Sarees in cotton cloth or brown paper to avoid blackening of zari.
• Instead of Naphthalene balls, keep silica gel sachets in storage racks.
DOMESTIC SHIPPING: We offer FREE SURFACE SHIPPING for all Indian orders. Free shipping is automatically applied at checkout.
The Weaves Art (TWA) is committed to deliver your order with good quality packaging within given time frame. We ship Monday to Friday (excluding weekends and national holidays in India). Delivery within India takes 3 to 5 business days from dispatch. Should you need an expedited delivery, please DM (Direct Message) us and we will try our best to prioritize your order.
INTERNATIONAL SHIPPING: For international shipping, the shipping cost will be calculated at the time of checkout. We deliver all major countries in the world and use the best possible service to get your order delivered to you. International delivery takes 7 to 10 business days from dispatch.