Sharvi - Iruthalai Pakshi Handloom Kanchi Silk Cotton Saree with Zari Border & Pallu
Experience Royal indulgence with Sharvi, a Mesmerising handloom Kanchi Silk Cotton Saree beckons with tricolour jewel tones, where lemon jade, rose garnet, and citrine orange converge in a radiant dance of iridescence. Crafted from high-quality cotton and silk, this saree is further elevated by the gleam of gold zari, rendering it a true embodiment of luxury. Perfect for those special occasions when you wish to dazzle without the weight of heavy silk sarees. Let this saree be your canvas of expression, your story to tell, and your embodiment of grace.
Saree Body: Adorned with “Iruthalai pakshi motifs" (Gandaberunda or Berunda, two-headed Hindu mythological bird with magical powers) in repeat pattern in cream and orange hues within enclosed "windowpane checks". One of the most stunning motifs in heritage Kanjivaram Sarees, each gandaberunda motif tells its own story, perhaps representing different aspects of life, nature, or mythology.
Saree Border: The 6-inch saree's border is a testament to timeless charm, with a rich “Retta Pett" (rettai pettu / double-pet) border in lemon green at the top and bottom. Adorned with gold zari bands featuring “Annapakshi motifs”and “Mayilkann motifs (diamond mesh pattern)”, framed by “thuthiri poo motifs”, it exudes sheer grace. A dark green band enriched with “gold zari geometric lines”, flanked by “gold zari paisley anklets”, culminating in a “reddish-pink selvedge”, adds a captivating touch.
Saree Pallu: The gold zari pallu shimmers against the tricolour base, mirroring the enchanting pattern from the border. Further bands of “leaping horses”, divided by “paisley & rudraksham butta pillars” in gold zari, bestow an extra touch of grace. The divided pallu field features cream and orange “circular frames”adorned with “lion”, “deer”, and “horse motifs”, connected by delicate “floral vines”, woven with unparalleled artistry and dedication.
Saree blouse: Completing this ensemble, the saree comes with a blouse in the same tricolour scheme, echoing the elegance of the saree's body and mirroring the border's grace.
The Finer Details:
- Source: Curated directly from the weaver.
- Weaving Cluster: Kanchipuram / Kanjivaram.
- Technic: Retta Pettu ("Rettai Pettu" or "Double Pettu").
- Saree Color: Tricolour jewel tones (lemon jade, rose garnet, and citrine orange).
- Blouse Color: Tricolour jewel tones.
- Fabric / Material: Mulberry Silk & Cotton.
- Measurements: 6.2 meters including Blouse.
❗Disclaimer: This is a handloom Saree and may have slight irregularities that are a natural outcome of human involvement in the weaving process. Actual product color may vary slightly because of screen resolution and digital photography & dimensions are only approximate values.
• It is advisable to only dry-clean our Sarees. Use mild detergent to hand wash Cotton Sarees.
WASH, DRY & IRON PURE SILK THE RIGHT WAY
• For first three washes, dry cleaning is advisable for silk fabrics.
• If ever silk is washed in water, ensure it is washed in soft lukewarm water using a good neutral soap only.
• Squeeze lightly by hand to remove water after washing.
• Always dry the silk in shade only on a flat surface instead of hanging.
• Use low to medium heat while ironing.
• Always iron silk on the reverse side.
• Never spray water to dampen silk before ironing as it may cause water spots on the fabric.
• Do not wash the stains with water, instead give it for dry cleaning.
STORE PURE SILKS THE RIGHT WAY
• Store your Silk in a clean and dry environment using Cotton bags; avoid plastic covers.
• Avoid direct contact with wood.
• Protect silk from insects, dust, excessive moisture and light.
• Periodically (every 3-6 months) expose silks to fresh air and store after reversing the folds.
• Wrap Silk Sarees in cotton cloth or brown paper to avoid blackening of zari.
• Instead of Naphthalene balls, keep silica gel sachets in storage racks.
DOMESTIC SHIPPING: We offer FREE SURFACE SHIPPING for all Indian orders. Free shipping is automatically applied at checkout.
The Weaves Art (TWA) is committed to deliver your order with good quality packaging within given time frame. We ship Monday to Friday (excluding weekends and national holidays in India). Delivery within India takes 3 to 5 business days from dispatch. Should you need an expedited delivery, please DM (Direct Message) us and we will try our best to prioritize your order.
INTERNATIONAL SHIPPING: For international shipping, the shipping cost will be calculated at the time of checkout. We deliver all major countries in the world and use the best possible service to get your order delivered to you. International delivery takes 7 to 10 business days from dispatch.