Chitramala - Half and Half handwoven Kanchipuram Silk Saree
The Six yards of grace & the ultimate take on Kanchipuram luxury, driven by a combination of modest, awe-inspiring artisan craftsmanship and pure eclat. Our majestic Chitramala, half-and-half handwoven Kanchipuram Pattu Saree in Pewter Grey & Dark Orchid Purple Color is striking in a contemporary adaptation to the timeless regalia.
Saree Body & Border (Half and Half): Dramatic and classic motifs all in one gorgeous Saree & are outrageously remarkable. The gleaming first half of the Saree in pewter grey is enhanced with "Rudraksham" motifs (give this Saree a unique identity and symbolize the extent to which our weaver community is ingrained in culture & mythology.) all over in silk thread.
The opulent second half of the Saree interlaced using korvai technique radiates modern romance. Dramatic & intricate craftsmanship embodies this masterpiece of glamour. The emblazoned Queen motifs & elephant motifs in quadrilaterals with creepers, horse motifs & twin peacock motifs in embellished frames shine through in both classic gold zari and dark orchid purple color base along with a selvage.
Saree Pallu: The dazzling Pallu in gold zari on dark Orchid Purple Color is elegant, modern with a vintage twist, and so regal. Adorned with oak leaf motifs in ogee pattern flanked by a band with floral motifs, geometric stripes, and oak leaf anklet pattern.
Saree blouse: The plain, dark Orchid Purple Color blouse tempts you to do a Maggam / Aari embroidery that adds grandeur and prettifies you.
The Finer Details:
- Source: Curated directly from the weaver.
- Weaving Cluster: Kanchipuram / Kanjivaram.
- Technic: Korvai & Petni.
- Saree Color: Pewter Grey & Dark Orchid Purple Color.
- Blouse Color: Dark Orchid Purple Color.
- Fabric / Material: Pure Mulberry Silk & Zari.
- Measurements: Saree Length: 5.50 Meters | Saree Width: 48-50 Inches.
- Blouse: 0.7 Meters.
❗Disclaimer: This is a handloom Saree and may have slight irregularities that are a natural outcome of human involvement in the weaving process. We attempt to display Saree images and Saree specifications as accurately as possible. However, actual product color may vary slightly because of screen resolution & digital photography and dimensions are only approximate values.
• It is advisable to only dry-clean our Sarees. Use mild detergent to hand wash Cotton Sarees.
WASH, DRY & IRON PURE SILK THE RIGHT WAY
• For first three washes, dry cleaning is advisable for silk fabrics.
• If ever silk is washed in water, ensure it is washed in soft lukewarm water using a good neutral soap only.
• Squeeze lightly by hand to remove water after washing.
• Always dry the silk in shade only on a flat surface instead of hanging.
• Use low to medium heat while ironing.
• Always iron silk on the reverse side.
• Never spray water to dampen silk before ironing as it may cause water spots on the fabric.
• Do not wash the stains with water, instead give it for dry cleaning.
STORE PURE SILKS THE RIGHT WAY
• Store your Silk in a clean and dry environment using Cotton bags; avoid plastic covers.
• Avoid direct contact with wood.
• Protect silk from insects, dust, excessive moisture and light.
• Periodically (every 3-6 months) expose silks to fresh air and store after reversing the folds.
• Wrap Silk Sarees in cotton cloth or brown paper to avoid blackening of zari.
• Instead of Naphthalene balls, keep silica gel sachets in storage racks.
DOMESTIC SHIPPING: We offer FREE SURFACE SHIPPING for all Indian orders. Free shipping is automatically applied at checkout.
The Weaves Art (TWA) is committed to deliver your order with good quality packaging within given time frame. We ship Monday to Friday (excluding weekends and national holidays in India). Delivery within India takes 3 to 5 business days from dispatch. Should you need an expedited delivery, please DM (Direct Message) us and we will try our best to prioritize your order.
INTERNATIONAL SHIPPING: For international shipping, the shipping cost will be calculated at the time of checkout. We deliver all major countries in the world and use the best possible service to get your order delivered to you. International delivery takes 7 to 10 business days from dispatch.