Charu - Handloom 1000 butta Kanchi Silk Cotton Saree
Immerse yourself in the enchanting allure of the Handloom 1000 Butta Kanchi Silk Cotton Saree, Charu – a masterpiece that captivates in a luxurious, deep green hue, seamlessly merging elegance and grace. Charu, an intricate work of art, effortlessly transitions from formal events to celebratory soirées with unparalleled finesse. Meticulously woven from the finest blend of cotton and mulberry silk threads, this saree not only radiates beauty but also promises a lavish draping experience, embracing you in comfort and breathability. Embrace the timeless charm of Charu and elevate every occasion with its unrivaled sophistication.
Saree Body: A canvas of a thousand delicate buttas unfolds, a testament to the artisan's unwavering dedication and skill. Intricate motifs, from the sublime "Rudraksham" to the ethereal "Peacocks" and captivating "Paisleys," form a mesmerizing dance within enclosed "box checks", woven in serene shades of ivory and yam orange. As the saree cascades, one becomes immersed in a visual symphony, each motif narrating its own enchanting tale.
Saree Border: The 6-inch saree's borders, a fusion of medium carmine and hints of green, present a captivating contrast. Cream-colored "Rudraksham motifs" grace the corners, complemented by vibrant orange "herringbone pattern" bands. A playful touch of whimsy adorns one end with charming "pillayar moggu motifs" (small temple gopuram motifs), while the other culminates in a "bottle green selvedge," each contributing a unique chapter to the saree's captivating narrative.
Saree Pallu: The intricately handwoven pallu is a visual symphony, with recurrent bands showcasing sizable "horse (kuthirai) motifs" alternating with delicate "floral vines." The second strip boasts prominent "Annapakshi motifs" framed within ornate arches, all surrounded by a narrow band adorned with "Rudhraksham motifs." A field enriched with "sittai pencil motifs" (temple tower motifs) on a diagonal weave pattern echoes the charm of the border, creating a harmonious design symphony.
Saree blouse: Accompanied by an unstitched green blouse featuring borders reminiscent of those on the saree, enabling the wearer to fully embody the narrative woven into this timeless ensemble.
The Finer Details:
- Source: Curated directly from the weaver.
- Weaving Cluster: Kanchipuram / Kanjivaram.
- Technic: Retta Pettu ("Rettai Pettu" or "Double Pettu").
- Saree Color: Shades of Green.
- Blouse Color: Green.
- Fabric / Material: Mulberry Silk & Cotton.
- Measurements: 6.2 meters including Blouse.
❗Disclaimer: This is a handloom Saree and may have slight irregularities that are a natural outcome of human involvement in the weaving process. Actual product color may vary slightly because of screen resolution and digital photography & dimensions are only approximate values.
• It is advisable to only dry-clean our Sarees. Use mild detergent to hand wash Cotton Sarees.
WASH, DRY & IRON PURE SILK THE RIGHT WAY
• For first three washes, dry cleaning is advisable for silk fabrics.
• If ever silk is washed in water, ensure it is washed in soft lukewarm water using a good neutral soap only.
• Squeeze lightly by hand to remove water after washing.
• Always dry the silk in shade only on a flat surface instead of hanging.
• Use low to medium heat while ironing.
• Always iron silk on the reverse side.
• Never spray water to dampen silk before ironing as it may cause water spots on the fabric.
• Do not wash the stains with water, instead give it for dry cleaning.
STORE PURE SILKS THE RIGHT WAY
• Store your Silk in a clean and dry environment using Cotton bags; avoid plastic covers.
• Avoid direct contact with wood.
• Protect silk from insects, dust, excessive moisture and light.
• Periodically (every 3-6 months) expose silks to fresh air and store after reversing the folds.
• Wrap Silk Sarees in cotton cloth or brown paper to avoid blackening of zari.
• Instead of Naphthalene balls, keep silica gel sachets in storage racks.
DOMESTIC SHIPPING: We offer FREE SURFACE SHIPPING for all Indian orders. Free shipping is automatically applied at checkout.
The Weaves Art (TWA) is committed to deliver your order with good quality packaging within given time frame. We ship Monday to Friday (excluding weekends and national holidays in India). Delivery within India takes 3 to 5 business days from dispatch. Should you need an expedited delivery, please DM (Direct Message) us and we will try our best to prioritize your order.
INTERNATIONAL SHIPPING: For international shipping, the shipping cost will be calculated at the time of checkout. We deliver all major countries in the world and use the best possible service to get your order delivered to you. International delivery takes 7 to 10 business days from dispatch.