Hand-woven Asawali Paithani Cotton Saree
Vibrant and striking, this beautifully handwoven "Asawali Paithani Cotton saree" in Navy (Cetacean) Blue is a timeless outfit that holds the characteristic essence of Maharashtra. Looked at as the queen of saris, a tradition & craft, a majestic garb, this handwoven Paithan Saree is ideal for formal occasions or festivals or your picture-perfect moments. The emblazoned "Rui Phool" (floral buttis) in gold zari on the Saree body adds a dash of charm to this Saree.
Saree Border (Kath): An unmatched elegance and grace, the 4" plain weave zari border with a selvage complement the drape.
Saree Pallav: A masterpiece of art remains a treat to the eyes. The gleaming saree Pallu is embellished with the signature "Asawali Motifs" (Vases & Vines), “Akruti Motifs” (geometrical floral creepers) in multi-color, and “Muniya motifs” (parrot) woven in green color with a red beak on gold zari. Each Motif in the Paithani represents the tradition and culture of 2000 years. The field of pallu is flanked by slender gold zari lines.
Saree Blouse: Comes with a plain Navy (Cetacean) Blue color blouse edged by a gold zari border and a selvage.
The Finer Details:
- Source: Curated directly from the weaver.
- Weaving Cluster: Maharashtra
- Technic: Kad/Ekdhoti (Single shuttle weft)
- Saree Color: Cetacean Blue.
Fabric / Material: Fine Grade Mercerized Cotton & Fine Zari with Gold Plating.
- Border: 4"
- Pallu: Fancy large Pallu / Padar (24-30" Pallu)
Product Care: Dry Wash Only. The best way is to store the Paithani Saree wrapped in a muslin cloth.
❗Disclaimer: There may be a slight color variation in the image from the original product because of different shooting lights and monitor displays. Minor irregularities are the uniqueness of handlooms and make each saree distinctive.
• It is advisable to only dry-clean our Sarees. Use mild detergent to hand wash Cotton Sarees.
WASH, DRY & IRON PURE SILK THE RIGHT WAY
• For first three washes, dry cleaning is advisable for silk fabrics.
• If ever silk is washed in water, ensure it is washed in soft lukewarm water using a good neutral soap only.
• Squeeze lightly by hand to remove water after washing.
• Always dry the silk in shade only on a flat surface instead of hanging.
• Use low to medium heat while ironing.
• Always iron silk on the reverse side.
• Never spray water to dampen silk before ironing as it may cause water spots on the fabric.
• Do not wash the stains with water, instead give it for dry cleaning.
STORE PURE SILKS THE RIGHT WAY
• Store your Silk in a clean and dry environment using Cotton bags; avoid plastic covers.
• Avoid direct contact with wood.
• Protect silk from insects, dust, excessive moisture and light.
• Periodically (every 3-6 months) expose silks to fresh air and store after reversing the folds.
• Wrap Silk Sarees in cotton cloth or brown paper to avoid blackening of zari.
• Instead of Naphthalene balls, keep silica gel sachets in storage racks.
DOMESTIC SHIPPING: We offer FREE SURFACE SHIPPING for all Indian orders. Free shipping is automatically applied at checkout.
The Weaves Art (TWA) is committed to deliver your order with good quality packaging within given time frame. We ship Monday to Friday (excluding weekends and national holidays in India). Delivery within India takes 3 to 5 business days from dispatch. Should you need an expedited delivery, please DM (Direct Message) us and we will try our best to prioritize your order.
INTERNATIONAL SHIPPING: For international shipping, the shipping cost will be calculated at the time of checkout. We deliver all major countries in the world and use the best possible service to get your order delivered to you. International delivery takes 7 to 10 business days from dispatch.