Lithika - Handwoven Checks Kanchipuram Pure Silk Saree (with Silk Mark)
Immerse yourself in the realm of timeless elegance with Lithika - the handwoven Kanchipuram pure silk saree in a stunning English Red hue, adorned with enchanting "Muthu kattam" (Pearl Checks / checkered pattern that resembles small, intricate square-shaped checks). Each thread of pure silk, interwoven with glistening silver, creates a brocade texture that feels luxuriously divine. It's a canvas of modern patterns, a masterpiece for those who value exceptional moments in existence, and a promise to make each event extraordinary.
Saree body: The brocade body, a work of art, features silver zari "Muthu Kattam" in the first segment, resembling a symphony of stars. Look closer, and you’ll discover some sections of the checks 12 x 13 resembling "Waffle charts", adorned with "Diamond patterns" that simply enchant. As you journey towards the end of the body, it transforms into a dreamscape, adorned with "Banarasi floral buttas" in a half-repeat pattern, each one enhancing the saree’s allure.
Saree Border: The generous 5-inch borders alongside, gleam in gold zari with a dash of silver zari. They tell a story of "Vanki pattern (a distinct South Indian armlet, stands out due to its distinctive inverted V-shaped design) / Herringbone pattern" flanked by delicate "leaf anklets", harmoniously meeting the English red selvedge, enriching the saree’s narrative.
Saree Pallu: The sparkling gold zari pallu, touched by glimmers of silver zari, is a visual masterpiece, an effervescent celebration of light. The "border pattern", resembling a harmonious refrain, echoes once again, but with every repetition, it becomes increasingly beguiling, more entrancing. To delve deeper, the central part of the pallu adorned with intricate "Mayilkann motifs" (diamond patterns, each one featuring a central dot), intensifying the narrative, akin to stars adorning the night sky.
Saree blouse: Completing this work of art is an English Red plain unstitched blouse, kissed by a "gold zari border", mirroring the saree’s opulent design.
The Finer Details:
- Source: Curated directly from the weaver.
- Weaving Cluster: Kanchipuram.
- Technic: Brocade | Petni.
- Saree Color: English Red (shade of pink-red).
- Blouse Color: English Red.
- Fabric / Material: Pure Mulberry Silk and High Quality Fine Silver & Gold Zari.
- Measurements: Saree Length: 5.50 Meters | Saree Width: 48-50 Inches. | Weight: 850-900 gms
- Blouse: 0.8Meters
- Authenticity: Silk Mark Tag
❗Disclaimer: This saree is handwoven and may exhibit minor irregularities inherent to the human touch involved in the weaving process. We make every effort to present accurate images and specifications of the saree. However, due to variations in screen resolution and digital photography, the actual product color might slightly differ. Additionally, the dimensions provided are approximate values.
• It is advisable to only dry-clean our Sarees. Use mild detergent to hand wash Cotton Sarees.
WASH, DRY & IRON PURE SILK THE RIGHT WAY
• For first three washes, dry cleaning is advisable for silk fabrics.
• If ever silk is washed in water, ensure it is washed in soft lukewarm water using a good neutral soap only.
• Squeeze lightly by hand to remove water after washing.
• Always dry the silk in shade only on a flat surface instead of hanging.
• Use low to medium heat while ironing.
• Always iron silk on the reverse side.
• Never spray water to dampen silk before ironing as it may cause water spots on the fabric.
• Do not wash the stains with water, instead give it for dry cleaning.
STORE PURE SILKS THE RIGHT WAY
• Store your Silk in a clean and dry environment using Cotton bags; avoid plastic covers.
• Avoid direct contact with wood.
• Protect silk from insects, dust, excessive moisture and light.
• Periodically (every 3-6 months) expose silks to fresh air and store after reversing the folds.
• Wrap Silk Sarees in cotton cloth or brown paper to avoid blackening of zari.
• Instead of Naphthalene balls, keep silica gel sachets in storage racks.
DOMESTIC SHIPPING: We offer FREE SURFACE SHIPPING for all Indian orders. Free shipping is automatically applied at checkout.
The Weaves Art (TWA) is committed to deliver your order with good quality packaging within given time frame. We ship Monday to Friday (excluding weekends and national holidays in India). Delivery within India takes 3 to 5 business days from dispatch. Should you need an expedited delivery, please DM (Direct Message) us and we will try our best to prioritize your order.
INTERNATIONAL SHIPPING: For international shipping, the shipping cost will be calculated at the time of checkout. We deliver all major countries in the world and use the best possible service to get your order delivered to you. International delivery takes 7 to 10 business days from dispatch.