Upala - Handloom Lightweight Thread Work Kanchipuram Pure Silk Saree (no Zari)
Do you love Jewel tone Kanchipuram Silk Sarees in your wardrobe? Iridescent hues that shimmer Rose de France (Rose violet) Amethyst and a mesmerizing inner glow with gorgeous Natural Green Tourmaline, Upala, our handwoven lightweight Threadwork Kanchipuram Silk Saree is undeniably timeless and captivates you with its inimitable mystique. Crafted in luxurious mulberry silk, a wonderful harmony of light & soft, Upala is a perfect contender, suitable for all special occasions, and will be your new companion.
Saree Body: Thoughtfully complemented by “Veldhari” (The curly line with a dot inside the bends of the line), and alternate strips beautified with "Thuthiripoo", "Lakshadeepam", and "Diamond" patterns lend sensuality & grace to this thread work Kanchipuram Silk saree.
Saree Border: The contrasting Emerald green border embellished with bands of threadwork "Annapakshi motifs" and "Rudraksham motifs" flanked by a flower bud anklet epitomize grace and glamour.
Saree Pallu: A replica of the saree border, the pallu/anchal with a divided field decorated with Sittai Pencil motifs along with continued bands of ornate "Simha Yazhi" / Vyala (the mythical animal that is a chimera of a lion, elephant, horse, etc.), "Rudraksham motifs" flanked by diagonal weave pattern and flower bud anklets, add delicacy and elegance to the drape
Saree Blouse: Comes with an elegant silk blouse in emerald green color along with the AnnaPakshi border, akin to the saree border.
The Finer Details:
- Source: Curated directly from the weaver.
- Weaving Cluster: Kanchipuram / Kanjivaram.
- Technic: Jacquard.
- Saree Color: Rose Violet Amethyst & Natural Green Tourmaline.
- Blouse Color: Emerald Green.
- Fabric / Material: Pure Mulberry Silk.
- Measurements: Saree Length: 5.50 Meters | Saree Width: 48-50 Inches
- Blouse: 0.7 Meters
- Authenticity: Handloom
❗Disclaimer: This is a handloom Saree and may have slight irregularities that are a natural outcome of human involvement in the weaving process. We attempt to display Saree images and Saree specifications as accurately as possible. However, actual product color may vary slightly because of screen resolution & digital photography and dimensions are only approximate values.
• It is advisable to only dry-clean our Sarees. Use mild detergent to hand wash Cotton Sarees.
WASH, DRY & IRON PURE SILK THE RIGHT WAY
• For first three washes, dry cleaning is advisable for silk fabrics.
• If ever silk is washed in water, ensure it is washed in soft lukewarm water using a good neutral soap only.
• Squeeze lightly by hand to remove water after washing.
• Always dry the silk in shade only on a flat surface instead of hanging.
• Use low to medium heat while ironing.
• Always iron silk on the reverse side.
• Never spray water to dampen silk before ironing as it may cause water spots on the fabric.
• Do not wash the stains with water, instead give it for dry cleaning.
STORE PURE SILKS THE RIGHT WAY
• Store your Silk in a clean and dry environment using Cotton bags; avoid plastic covers.
• Avoid direct contact with wood.
• Protect silk from insects, dust, excessive moisture and light.
• Periodically (every 3-6 months) expose silks to fresh air and store after reversing the folds.
• Wrap Silk Sarees in cotton cloth or brown paper to avoid blackening of zari.
• Instead of Naphthalene balls, keep silica gel sachets in storage racks.
DOMESTIC SHIPPING: We offer FREE SURFACE SHIPPING for all Indian orders. Free shipping is automatically applied at checkout.
The Weaves Art (TWA) is committed to deliver your order with good quality packaging within given time frame. We ship Monday to Friday (excluding weekends and national holidays in India). Delivery within India takes 3 to 5 business days from dispatch. Should you need an expedited delivery, please DM (Direct Message) us and we will try our best to prioritize your order.
INTERNATIONAL SHIPPING: For international shipping, the shipping cost will be calculated at the time of checkout. We deliver all major countries in the world and use the best possible service to get your order delivered to you. International delivery takes 7 to 10 business days from dispatch.