Charusheela - Lakshadeepam Kanchipuram Silk Cotton Saree
Glamorous yet elegant, we primed Charusheela for your petite special occasions. Rendered with the unrivaled iridescence of Amaranth deep purple (magenta-pink) and medium sea green hues (like an Alexandrite gemstone), Charusheela, the lustrous handloom Lakshadeepam Kanchi Silk Cotton Saree cloaked with Deepam motifs all-over in the entirety of One Lakh (Lakshadeepam) in golden yellow & corn silk colors in enclosed box checks will be your perennial favorite as a spectacular piece of jewelry.
Saree Border: The 6-inch 'Retta Pettu' border (spacing in between border design and has two edgings) on either side in Jade green color with a Mystic pink Selvedge evokes an alluring, glamorous aesthetic to the drape. Adorned with stylized Pavunupet (gold coin) motifs in enclosed bands bedecked with Deepam motifs & flanked by Pillayar moggu (small triangular-shaped gopuras).
Saree Pallu: Artfully embellished with an amalgamation of graceful motifs and geometrical patterns, the opulent thread-woven Pallu is a paradigm of dexterous artisanship.
The field of Pallu embellished with a column of 'Sittai Pencil motif' enclosed in frames accessorized with 'Elephant motifs with an upward-pointed trunk' delicately adorned with 'Kodi' (vine/creeper), a row of strutting 'Annapakshi motifs with ornate tail feathers', 'Pavunupet (gold coin) motifs', 'Greek Key pattern' and 'Deepam motifs' flanked by 'Pillayar moggu' makes for a rich, visually arresting Pallu.
Saree blouse: Comes with an unstitched two-tone Amaranth deep purple & medium sea green blouse with a border similar to that of the Saree border.
The Finer Details:
- Source: Curated directly from the weaver.
- Weaving Cluster: Kanchipuram / Kanjivaram.
- Technic: Retta Pettu ("Rettai Pettu" or "Double Pettu").
- Saree Color: Amaranth deep purple& medium Sea Green.
- Blouse Color: Two-tone Amaranth deep purple & medium Sea Green.
- Fabric / Material: Mulberry Silk & Cotton.
- Measurements: Saree Length: 5.50 Meters | Saree Width: 48-50 Inches
- Blouse: 0.7 Meters.
❗Disclaimer: This is a handloom Saree and may have slight irregularities that are a natural outcome of human involvement in the weaving process. Actual product color may vary slightly because of screen resolution and digital photography & dimensions are only approximate values.
• It is advisable to only dry-clean our Sarees. Use mild detergent to hand wash Cotton Sarees.
WASH, DRY & IRON PURE SILK THE RIGHT WAY
• For first three washes, dry cleaning is advisable for silk fabrics.
• If ever silk is washed in water, ensure it is washed in soft lukewarm water using a good neutral soap only.
• Squeeze lightly by hand to remove water after washing.
• Always dry the silk in shade only on a flat surface instead of hanging.
• Use low to medium heat while ironing.
• Always iron silk on the reverse side.
• Never spray water to dampen silk before ironing as it may cause water spots on the fabric.
• Do not wash the stains with water, instead give it for dry cleaning.
STORE PURE SILKS THE RIGHT WAY
• Store your Silk in a clean and dry environment using Cotton bags; avoid plastic covers.
• Avoid direct contact with wood.
• Protect silk from insects, dust, excessive moisture and light.
• Periodically (every 3-6 months) expose silks to fresh air and store after reversing the folds.
• Wrap Silk Sarees in cotton cloth or brown paper to avoid blackening of zari.
• Instead of Naphthalene balls, keep silica gel sachets in storage racks.
DOMESTIC SHIPPING: We offer FREE SURFACE SHIPPING for all Indian orders. Free shipping is automatically applied at checkout.
The Weaves Art (TWA) is committed to deliver your order with good quality packaging within given time frame. We ship Monday to Friday (excluding weekends and national holidays in India). Delivery within India takes 3 to 5 business days from dispatch. Should you need an expedited delivery, please DM (Direct Message) us and we will try our best to prioritize your order.
INTERNATIONAL SHIPPING: For international shipping, the shipping cost will be calculated at the time of checkout. We deliver all major countries in the world and use the best possible service to get your order delivered to you. International delivery takes 7 to 10 business days from dispatch.