Ritya - Tomato Red Colour Handwoven Patola inspired Pochampally Single Ikat Silk Saree
Enfold yourself in the grace of Ritya - the breathtaking Patola-inspired handwoven Pochampally Single Ikat Silk saree. An exquisite work of art that seamlessly weaves together the beauty of nature, the regality of animals, and the rich heritage of Patola artistry. The rich, Tomato red hue of the mulberry silk fabric serves as a canvas for a spectacular display of intricate motifs, arranged in a striking Chhabdi Bhat. As you drape yourself in its exquisite folds, you become a living canvas, carrying with you the stories and symbolism woven into every thread. Whether gracing a special occasion or being held as a cherished heirloom, Ritya is a celebration of cultural traditions & the splendor of nature. It is an invitation to embrace your own grace and allure, leaving an indelible impression wherever you go.
Saree body: As you trace your eyes along the Saree, you’ll be enthralled by the stunning arrangement of Patola motifs (Bhats) in a "Chhabdi Bhat" pattern, gracefully encircling the design with "flowing curvilinear leaves".
In one column, the saree comes alive with the presence of "regal elephants" (Kunjar Bhat), their majestic forms exuding strength and wisdom. Nearby, "graceful peacocks" (Mor Bhat) unfurl their resplendent plumage, spreading an aura of elegance. Amidst these motifs, "playful squirrels" (Gilauri Bhat / Khaskovo Bhat) and "delicate butterflies" (Patangia Bhat) come alive, filling the surroundings with a joyful essence and the enchanting beauty of nature.
As we move to the next column, a "lively chorus of parrots" (Popat Bhat), their vivid hues bringing a burst of color and a sense of vibrancy. Alongside them, "noble horses" (Ghoda Bhat) gallop with graceful strides, symbolizing power, determination, and the quest for dreams. The sweet melodies of the "Cuckoo birds" (Koyal Bhat) fill the air, their harmonious tunes echoing love, enchantment, and the serenity found in life’s simple pleasures. Finally, the "majestic tiger" (Vagh Bhat) considered auspicious embodies strength and courage, reminding us to face challenges with resilience and fearlessness.
Saree Border: The radiant “gold zari Kaddi border" gracing the edges of the saree emanates a splendid sense of grandeur.
Saree Pallu: The pallu of this saree is an absolute marvel. Within the "triptych frame" of the pallu, "an enchanting scene unfolds as a regal elephant carries the king and queen upon its majestic back". With grace and grandeur, the elephant’s powerful strides emanate strength and stability, reflecting its noble presence. The frames surrounding the scene are adorned with intricate "peacock and parrot motifs", while "diamond patterns" divide them into distinct sections. Besides, "bands of Phool Bhats" arranged in hexagons, along with "gold zari bands" and "slender zari lines", embellish the field, lending a subtle shimmer.
Saree Blouse: Includes an unstitched blouse in a delightful Tomato Red colour along a striking "gold zari kaddi border".
The Finer Details:
- Source: Curated directly from the weaver.
- Weaving Cluster: Pochampally
- Technic: Resist dyeing.
- Saree Color: Tomato Red.
- Fabric / Material: Pure Mulberry Silk & Ornamental Zari.
- Measurements: Saree Length: 6.50 Meters | Saree Width: 46 Inches
- Blouse: 0.8 Meters.
- Authenticity: Handloom.
❗Disclaimer: This is a handloom Saree and may have slight irregularities that are a natural outcome of human involvement in the weaving process. We attempt to display Saree images and Saree specifications as accurately as possible. However, actual product color may vary slightly because of screen resolution & digital photography, and dimensions are only approximate values.
• It is advisable to only dry-clean our Sarees. Use mild detergent to hand wash Cotton Sarees.
WASH, DRY & IRON PURE SILK THE RIGHT WAY
• For first three washes, dry cleaning is advisable for silk fabrics.
• If ever silk is washed in water, ensure it is washed in soft lukewarm water using a good neutral soap only.
• Squeeze lightly by hand to remove water after washing.
• Always dry the silk in shade only on a flat surface instead of hanging.
• Use low to medium heat while ironing.
• Always iron silk on the reverse side.
• Never spray water to dampen silk before ironing as it may cause water spots on the fabric.
• Do not wash the stains with water, instead give it for dry cleaning.
STORE PURE SILKS THE RIGHT WAY
• Store your Silk in a clean and dry environment using Cotton bags; avoid plastic covers.
• Avoid direct contact with wood.
• Protect silk from insects, dust, excessive moisture and light.
• Periodically (every 3-6 months) expose silks to fresh air and store after reversing the folds.
• Wrap Silk Sarees in cotton cloth or brown paper to avoid blackening of zari.
• Instead of Naphthalene balls, keep silica gel sachets in storage racks.
DOMESTIC SHIPPING: We offer FREE SURFACE SHIPPING for all Indian orders. Free shipping is automatically applied at checkout.
The Weaves Art (TWA) is committed to deliver your order with good quality packaging within given time frame. We ship Monday to Friday (excluding weekends and national holidays in India). Delivery within India takes 3 to 5 business days from dispatch. Should you need an expedited delivery, please DM (Direct Message) us and we will try our best to prioritize your order.
INTERNATIONAL SHIPPING: For international shipping, the shipping cost will be calculated at the time of checkout. We deliver all major countries in the world and use the best possible service to get your order delivered to you. International delivery takes 7 to 10 business days from dispatch.