Rose Pompadour Handwoven Traditional Mor Paithani Cotton Saree
You’ll never fall out of fashion! Get set to look and feel amazing in a very royal shade of pink, Rose Pompadour. Whether you want to update your classic Saree collection or channel sophisticated vibes for that upcoming special event, this handwoven Paithani cotton Saree crafted from a Fine Grade Mercerized Cotton will be the most comfortable and cozy choice you’ve been dreaming of. The enriched gold zari "Mor buttis" (peacock) on the saree body adds up elegance to the drape.
Saree Border (The Edge / Kath): Extravagance and a quest for simplicity, the 4" plain weave gold zari border on either side of the Saree body with a dusty rose selvage, add grandeur to the saree.
Saree Pallu (Paddar / Pallav): The glistening & eye-catchy Pallav is reminiscent of the timeless tradition of Paithani craft. Adorned with signature multi-color "Mor Kunda" motifs (peacocks sitting on big pots) in a frame bedecked with orange & rose color “Barav Motifs” (a staggering motif in step form), green color “Panja Motifs” (a hazy form of Barav motif) and “Muniya motifs” (parrot) woven on gold zari. The field of pallu is flanked by slender zari lines.
Saree Blouse: Comes with a plain Rose Pompadour color blouse edged by a gold zari border and a dusty rose selvage.
The Finer Details:
- Source: Curated directly from the weaver.
- Weaving Cluster: Maharashtra
- Technic: Kad/Ekdhoti (Single shuttle weft)
- Saree Color: Rose Pompadour.
Fabric / Material: Fine Grade Mercerized Cotton & Fine Zari with Gold Plating.
- Border: 4" Plain weave
- Pallu: Double Pallu/Padar (28-31" Pallu) with traditional Peacock Pairs.
- Product Care: Dry Wash Only. The best way is to store the Paithani Saree wrapped in a muslin cloth.
❗Disclaimer: There may be a slight color variation in the image from the original product because of different shooting lights and monitor displays. Minor irregularities are the uniqueness of handlooms and make each saree distinctive.
• It is advisable to only dry-clean our Sarees. Use mild detergent to hand wash Cotton Sarees.
WASH, DRY & IRON PURE SILK THE RIGHT WAY
• For first three washes, dry cleaning is advisable for silk fabrics.
• If ever silk is washed in water, ensure it is washed in soft lukewarm water using a good neutral soap only.
• Squeeze lightly by hand to remove water after washing.
• Always dry the silk in shade only on a flat surface instead of hanging.
• Use low to medium heat while ironing.
• Always iron silk on the reverse side.
• Never spray water to dampen silk before ironing as it may cause water spots on the fabric.
• Do not wash the stains with water, instead give it for dry cleaning.
STORE PURE SILKS THE RIGHT WAY
• Store your Silk in a clean and dry environment using Cotton bags; avoid plastic covers.
• Avoid direct contact with wood.
• Protect silk from insects, dust, excessive moisture and light.
• Periodically (every 3-6 months) expose silks to fresh air and store after reversing the folds.
• Wrap Silk Sarees in cotton cloth or brown paper to avoid blackening of zari.
• Instead of Naphthalene balls, keep silica gel sachets in storage racks.
DOMESTIC SHIPPING: We offer FREE SURFACE SHIPPING for all Indian orders. Free shipping is automatically applied at checkout.
The Weaves Art (TWA) is committed to deliver your order with good quality packaging within given time frame. We ship Monday to Friday (excluding weekends and national holidays in India). Delivery within India takes 3 to 5 business days from dispatch. Should you need an expedited delivery, please DM (Direct Message) us and we will try our best to prioritize your order.
INTERNATIONAL SHIPPING: For international shipping, the shipping cost will be calculated at the time of checkout. We deliver all major countries in the world and use the best possible service to get your order delivered to you. International delivery takes 7 to 10 business days from dispatch.