Handwoven Korvai Kanchipuram Paalum Pazhamum Silk Saree
Exquisite and gentle, 1960s style “Clan Wallace plaid” / “good-old Madras checks” renowned as “Palum Pazhamum”, this handwoven Korvai Kanjivaram Silk Saree in the auspicious tertiary colors underline its timeless grandeur and guarantees you deliver a masterclass in eternal elegance. One of the most sought-after Kattam / Checked saree, Palum Pazhamum, means “milk and fruit” (in Tamil) celebrate the harmony of life. This design became popular in 1961 when a movie by the same name was released. Team up with opulent jewelry for unrivaled sophistication.
Saree body: Bold and colorful, which is something you absolutely adore. This Palum Pazhamum Pattu Saree is infused with stunning checkered patterns in auspicious colors, red, yellow, orange hues, and complemented with thin crisscross lines that add drama to the staple.
Thazhampoo rekku border: Refreshing and tranquil, the 11” Sea green color Temple gopuram border has large triangles, interlocked in Korvai technique, resemble the Temple gopurams (referred to as thazhampoo rekku) and accentuated with fine stripes in soft yellow and scarlet red colors.
Saree Pallu & Blouse: The Sea green Silk pallu has stripes and a band in soft yellow color with Thazhampoo Rekku motif in Sea green color on both sides. Comes with a blouse in Sea green color with fine stripes akin to that of the Saree border.
❗Disclaimer: This is a handloom Saree and may have slight irregularities that are a natural outcome of human involvement in the weaving process. Actual product color may vary slightly because of screen resolution and digital photography.
• It is advisable to only dry-clean our Sarees. Use mild detergent to hand wash Cotton Sarees.
WASH, DRY & IRON PURE SILK THE RIGHT WAY
• For first three washes, dry cleaning is advisable for silk fabrics.
• If ever silk is washed in water, ensure it is washed in soft lukewarm water using a good neutral soap only.
• Squeeze lightly by hand to remove water after washing.
• Always dry the silk in shade only on a flat surface instead of hanging.
• Use low to medium heat while ironing.
• Always iron silk on the reverse side.
• Never spray water to dampen silk before ironing as it may cause water spots on the fabric.
• Do not wash the stains with water, instead give it for dry cleaning.
STORE PURE SILKS THE RIGHT WAY
• Store your Silk in a clean and dry environment using Cotton bags; avoid plastic covers.
• Avoid direct contact with wood.
• Protect silk from insects, dust, excessive moisture and light.
• Periodically (every 3-6 months) expose silks to fresh air and store after reversing the folds.
• Wrap Silk Sarees in cotton cloth or brown paper to avoid blackening of zari.
• Instead of Naphthalene balls, keep silica gel sachets in storage racks.
DOMESTIC SHIPPING: We offer FREE SURFACE SHIPPING for all Indian orders. Free shipping is automatically applied at checkout.
The Weaves Art (TWA) is committed to deliver your order with good quality packaging within given time frame. We ship Monday to Friday (excluding weekends and national holidays in India). Delivery within India takes 3 to 5 business days from dispatch. Should you need an expedited delivery, please DM (Direct Message) us and we will try our best to prioritize your order.
INTERNATIONAL SHIPPING: For international shipping, the shipping cost will be calculated at the time of checkout. We deliver all major countries in the world and use the best possible service to get your order delivered to you. International delivery takes 7 to 10 business days from dispatch.