Alekhya - Handwoven Kanjivaram Pure Silk Saree Featuring Kashmiri Kani Weave Border and Pallu (with Silk Mark)
Unfold a world of luxury and charm with Alekhya, the handwoven Kanjivaram pure silk saree in regal purple hue. It’s an exceptional union that celebrates the timeless traditions of two regions while creating a saree that is uniquely captivating and enchanting. As you drape this exquisite creation, you’ll feel the palpable essence of luxury and the rich history of the "Kashmiri Kani Weave" pattern uniting gracefully with the timeless allure of Kanchipuram Silk. With every step you take, every glance you receive, you’ll embody the true essence of regal charm and timeless grace.
Saree body: The saree’s resplendent body, interwoven with gleaming zari, is a mesmerizing canvas painted with an "irregular sequence of vertical lines" in radiant high quality gold zari. Each line sparkles akin to stars in a midnight sky, infusing your ensemble with a celestial and enchanting elegance.
Saree Border: The exquisite small thread work border on both sides emerges, adorned with elegant and vibrant "Paisley patterns (The paisley pattern, also known as the "boteh," is a classic design element in Kani weaving. It is often used in various sizes and arrangements.)" sourced from the heritage-rich tradition of the Kashmiri Kani weave. These colorful paisleys dance in harmonious celebration, and the regal purple color selvedge adds an enigmatic aura, enhancing the overall beauty of the border.
Saree Pallu: The enchanting dark magenta "thread work pallu" takes its inspiration from the timeless Kashmiri Kani Weave patterns. Adorned with a delicate interplay of "multiple geometric patterns" in a multitude of colors nestled within colorful "Paisley motif bands", the pallu evokes a sense of sheer simplicity and understated elegance.
Saree blouse: Completing this ensemble is an unstitched "Thread work" blouse adorned with "multi-colored Paisley motifs", thoughtfully arranged in columns. This blouse is more than just an accompaniment; it’s a symphony that harmonizes with the saree, enhancing its allure and your innate grace.
Brief Elucidation: Kani weaving is a traditional craft of the Kashmir region in India, and it is known for its intricate patterns and fine craftsmanship. This weaving technique is predominantly used to create luxurious shawls, stoles, and other textile products. The word "Kani" is derived from the Kashmiri term "Kanih," which means small sticks, and it refers to the small bamboo sticks used in the weaving process.
The hallmark of Kani weaving is its intricate patterns. The weavers use the small bamboo sticks (kanis) to create these patterns, which are usually geometric or floral in nature. The designs are created by carefully interlacing colored threads to form the desired pattern.
The Finer Details:
- Source: Curated directly from the weaver.
- Weaving Cluster: Kanchipuram.
- Technic: Brocade | Petni.
- Saree Color: Regal Purple.
- Blouse Color: Multi-color.
- Fabric / Material: Pure Mulberry Silk and High Quality Fine Silver & Gold Zari.
- Measurements: Saree Length: 5.50 Meters | Saree Width: 48-50 Inches. | Weight: 850-900 gms
- Blouse: 0.8Meters
- Authenticity: Silk Mark Tag
❗Disclaimer: This saree is handwoven and may exhibit minor irregularities inherent to the human touch involved in the weaving process. We make every effort to present accurate images and specifications of the saree. However, due to variations in screen resolution and digital photography, the actual product color might slightly differ. Additionally, the dimensions provided are approximate values.
• It is advisable to only dry-clean our Sarees. Use mild detergent to hand wash Cotton Sarees.
WASH, DRY & IRON PURE SILK THE RIGHT WAY
• For first three washes, dry cleaning is advisable for silk fabrics.
• If ever silk is washed in water, ensure it is washed in soft lukewarm water using a good neutral soap only.
• Squeeze lightly by hand to remove water after washing.
• Always dry the silk in shade only on a flat surface instead of hanging.
• Use low to medium heat while ironing.
• Always iron silk on the reverse side.
• Never spray water to dampen silk before ironing as it may cause water spots on the fabric.
• Do not wash the stains with water, instead give it for dry cleaning.
STORE PURE SILKS THE RIGHT WAY
• Store your Silk in a clean and dry environment using Cotton bags; avoid plastic covers.
• Avoid direct contact with wood.
• Protect silk from insects, dust, excessive moisture and light.
• Periodically (every 3-6 months) expose silks to fresh air and store after reversing the folds.
• Wrap Silk Sarees in cotton cloth or brown paper to avoid blackening of zari.
• Instead of Naphthalene balls, keep silica gel sachets in storage racks.
DOMESTIC SHIPPING: We offer FREE SURFACE SHIPPING for all Indian orders. Free shipping is automatically applied at checkout.
The Weaves Art (TWA) is committed to deliver your order with good quality packaging within given time frame. We ship Monday to Friday (excluding weekends and national holidays in India). Delivery within India takes 3 to 5 business days from dispatch. Should you need an expedited delivery, please DM (Direct Message) us and we will try our best to prioritize your order.
INTERNATIONAL SHIPPING: For international shipping, the shipping cost will be calculated at the time of checkout. We deliver all major countries in the world and use the best possible service to get your order delivered to you. International delivery takes 7 to 10 business days from dispatch.