Susama - Handloom 1000 Butta Kanchi Silk Cotton Saree with Zari Border & Pallu
Timelessness and Snazzy! A hint of contemporary freshness & cascading with elegant allure, Susama, our Handloom Kanchi Silk Cotton saree rendered in vibrant Mexican pink, royal orange border & zari pallu invoke a festive feeling and guarantees to deliver grandeur to all special occasions. Composed with revered charm, the Saree body enriched with sculptural motifs comprising "Leaping Deers", "Leaping Horses", "Salient Lions", "Gaja Yazhis" & "Elephants" in contrasting ivory & orange colours in quadrilaterals all over draw eye to the exquisite craft.
Saree Border: The contrast Retta pet border in royal orange color with strips of "Rudraksham motifs" in encased "chevrons" flanked by "Pillayar moggu" (the small Thazhampoo Rekku pattern often referred to as Temple design) in Zari dazzles the drape and is a splendid complement.
Saree Pallu: Strategically set "Annapakshi motifs" and "Peacock motifs" in alternates in encased pattern (a replica of the saree border) emphasizes the delicate juxtaposition between the motifs. The divided field of pallu adorned with "twin Deers" gazing "resplendent twin Peacocks with long trains" and "opulent Paisley spades" in alternates delineated with "Sittai Pencil motifs" in Orange color, brings an extravagant, animalier dexterity to this unsurpassed scintillating Zari Pallu.
Saree blouse: Comes with an unstitched plain blouse in Mexican pink with the Retta pet border akin to the saree.
The Finer Details:
- Source: Curated directly from the weaver.
- Weaving Cluster: Kanchipuram / Kanjivaram.
- Technic: Retta Pettu ("Rettai Pettu" or "Double Pettu").
- Saree Color: Mexican pink, Royal Orange color & Zari Pallu.
- Blouse Color: Mexican pink & Royal Orange color border.
- Fabric / Material: Mulberry Silk & Cotton.
- Measurements: Saree Length: 5.50 Meters | Saree Width: 48-50 Inches
- Blouse: 0.7 Meters.
❗Disclaimer: This is a handloom Saree and may have slight irregularities that are a natural outcome of human involvement in the weaving process. Actual product color may vary slightly because of screen resolution and digital photography & dimensions are only approximate values.
• It is advisable to only dry-clean our Sarees. Use mild detergent to hand wash Cotton Sarees.
WASH, DRY & IRON PURE SILK THE RIGHT WAY
• For first three washes, dry cleaning is advisable for silk fabrics.
• If ever silk is washed in water, ensure it is washed in soft lukewarm water using a good neutral soap only.
• Squeeze lightly by hand to remove water after washing.
• Always dry the silk in shade only on a flat surface instead of hanging.
• Use low to medium heat while ironing.
• Always iron silk on the reverse side.
• Never spray water to dampen silk before ironing as it may cause water spots on the fabric.
• Do not wash the stains with water, instead give it for dry cleaning.
STORE PURE SILKS THE RIGHT WAY
• Store your Silk in a clean and dry environment using Cotton bags; avoid plastic covers.
• Avoid direct contact with wood.
• Protect silk from insects, dust, excessive moisture and light.
• Periodically (every 3-6 months) expose silks to fresh air and store after reversing the folds.
• Wrap Silk Sarees in cotton cloth or brown paper to avoid blackening of zari.
• Instead of Naphthalene balls, keep silica gel sachets in storage racks.
DOMESTIC SHIPPING: We offer FREE SURFACE SHIPPING for all Indian orders. Free shipping is automatically applied at checkout.
The Weaves Art (TWA) is committed to deliver your order with good quality packaging within given time frame. We ship Monday to Friday (excluding weekends and national holidays in India). Delivery within India takes 3 to 5 business days from dispatch. Should you need an expedited delivery, please DM (Direct Message) us and we will try our best to prioritize your order.
INTERNATIONAL SHIPPING: For international shipping, the shipping cost will be calculated at the time of checkout. We deliver all major countries in the world and use the best possible service to get your order delivered to you. International delivery takes 7 to 10 business days from dispatch.