Diya - Lakshadeepam Handloom Kanchi Silk Cotton Saree with Zari Border & Pallu
Indulge in the allure of timeless sophistication with the Diya, a handloom masterpiece that transcends fashion and embraces tradition. This handloom Lakshadeepam Kanchi Silk cotton Saree, draped in a resplendent maroon hue, unveils a narrative of elegance that dances gracefully across its six yards. Crafted from the finest cotton and mulberry silk threads, Diya weaves a tale of opulence, making it the epitome of grace for both formal affairs and petite festive gatherings. The fabric is lovingly enriched with the luminosity of gold metallic zari, creating a melange of textures that resonate with luxury.
Saree Body: A sea of green and ivory "Deepam motifs", "encased in square checks" like a celestial constellation, graces the Saree in a rhythmic dance reminiscent of twinkling stars. Approximately 100,000 of these intricately designed motifs form an enchanting repeat pattern, turning the saree into a canvas of mesmerizing artistry.
Saree Border: Adding to its allure, the 6-inch "Rettai Pettu" borders (rettai pettu / double-pet) in a rich Hooker's green (a medium dark shade of green-cyan), gracefully framing the top and bottom, bestow an aura of sophistication. Maroon dual tones intertwine with horizontally aligned "Pavunupet motifs", creating a captivating dance of coin patterns encased within "Deepam motif bands" and "Pillayar moggu patterns" in gold zari. The selvage, dipped in deep maroon, adds a final touch of enchantment to this border.
Saree Pallu: The Pallu, a tapestry of opulence, stands as a testament to artistic finesse. Segmented into two parts, the initial section unfolds with regal "Annapakshi motifs" adorned with delicate "floral vines," while the second portion displays "Elephant motifs", a majestic pachyderm with its trunk elegantly raised in a triumphant gesture, intricately woven in a lush dark green hue silk threads, entwined with floral vines. Enclosed within a captivating "Greek key pattern" crafted in metallic gold zari, the Pallu emerges as a vibrant celebration of tradition and masterful artistry.
The Pallu's divided field, resplendent in the richness of gold zari, gracefully reveals a dance of maroon sitta pencil motifs, bestowing a touch of regality to the overall composition. Echoing the borders, intricate "Pavunupet patterns" and the grace of "Pillayar moggu patterns" in metallic gold zari stand guard along the edges, creating a harmonious interplay of design elements that further elevate the allure of this splendid creation.
Saree blouse: Completing this ensemble is an unstitched maroon blouse, mirroring the Saree's zari border, ensuring that every detail is harmoniously synchronized.
The Finer Details:
- Source: Curated directly from the weaver.
- Weaving Cluster: Kanchipuram / Kanjivaram.
- Technic: Retta Pettu ("Rettai Pettu" or "Double Pettu").
- Saree Color: Maroon Color.
- Blouse Color: Maroon with Gold Zari Border.
- Fabric / Material: Mulberry Silk & Cotton.
- Measurements: 6.2 meters including Blouse.
❗Disclaimer: This is a handloom Saree and may have slight irregularities that are a natural outcome of human involvement in the weaving process. Actual product color may vary slightly because of screen resolution and digital photography & dimensions are only approximate values.
• It is advisable to only dry-clean our Sarees. Use mild detergent to hand wash Cotton Sarees.
WASH, DRY & IRON PURE SILK THE RIGHT WAY
• For first three washes, dry cleaning is advisable for silk fabrics.
• If ever silk is washed in water, ensure it is washed in soft lukewarm water using a good neutral soap only.
• Squeeze lightly by hand to remove water after washing.
• Always dry the silk in shade only on a flat surface instead of hanging.
• Use low to medium heat while ironing.
• Always iron silk on the reverse side.
• Never spray water to dampen silk before ironing as it may cause water spots on the fabric.
• Do not wash the stains with water, instead give it for dry cleaning.
STORE PURE SILKS THE RIGHT WAY
• Store your Silk in a clean and dry environment using Cotton bags; avoid plastic covers.
• Avoid direct contact with wood.
• Protect silk from insects, dust, excessive moisture and light.
• Periodically (every 3-6 months) expose silks to fresh air and store after reversing the folds.
• Wrap Silk Sarees in cotton cloth or brown paper to avoid blackening of zari.
• Instead of Naphthalene balls, keep silica gel sachets in storage racks.
DOMESTIC SHIPPING: We offer FREE SURFACE SHIPPING for all Indian orders. Free shipping is automatically applied at checkout.
The Weaves Art (TWA) is committed to deliver your order with good quality packaging within given time frame. We ship Monday to Friday (excluding weekends and national holidays in India). Delivery within India takes 3 to 5 business days from dispatch. Should you need an expedited delivery, please DM (Direct Message) us and we will try our best to prioritize your order.
INTERNATIONAL SHIPPING: For international shipping, the shipping cost will be calculated at the time of checkout. We deliver all major countries in the world and use the best possible service to get your order delivered to you. International delivery takes 7 to 10 business days from dispatch.