Dipali - Lakshadeepam Handloom Kanchi Silk Cotton Saree with Zari Border & Pallu
Draped in the enchanting allure, Dipali, the handloom Lakshadeepam Kanchi Silk cotton Saree, is a poetic symphony of elegance and an ode to timeless beauty, tradition, and the artisan's touch. A medium-dark pansy purple hue, like a secret whispered by magenta-pink, graces this six-yard masterpiece, infusing an air of subtle sophistication. Crafted with finesse, the saree embraces fine-quality cotton, mulberry silk threads, and the radiant glow of metallic zari, elevating it beyond a mere drape to an invitation for indulgence in its luxurious texture. Suitable for both casual and formal occasions, as well as festive celebrations, it beckons admiration for its artistry and charm.
Saree Body: The saree's canvas unfolds as a celestial masterpiece, meticulously handwoven with green and ivory "Deepam motifs", a staggering 100,000 twinkling stars enclosed within "square checks", creating a mesmerizing dance in a seamless repeat pattern.
Saree Border: Enveloping the saree, the 6-inch "Rettai Pettu" borders (rettai pettu / double-pet) in a rich Hooker's green (a medium dark shade of green-cyan), gracefully framing the top and bottom, bestow an aura of sophistication. Pansy Purple dual tones intertwine with horizontally aligned "Pavunupet motifs", creating a captivating dance of coin patterns encased within "Deepam motif bands" and "Pillayar moggu patterns" in gold zari. The selvage, dipped in deep purple, adds a final touch of enchantment to this border.
Saree Pallu: The opulence of the saree culminates in its gold zari Pallu, a masterpiece of design and craftsmanship. Bands of sizable "Annapakshi motifs", adorned with "floral vines" in a sequence enclosed within a "Greek key pattern", captivate the eye. The divided field in gold zari showcases pansy purple "sittai pencil motifs", reminiscent of "temple towers", adding a touch of divine grace. Mirroring the borders, intricate "Pavunupet patterns" and the grace of "Pillayar moggu patterns" in metallic gold zari stand guard along the edges, creating a harmonious interplay of design elements that further elevate the allure of this splendid creation.
Saree blouse: Completing the ensemble, the saree comes with an unstitched blouse in the same pansy purple hue, featuring a border mirroring the elegance of the saree's borders.
The Finer Details:
- Source: Curated directly from the weaver.
- Weaving Cluster: Kanchipuram / Kanjivaram.
- Technic: Retta Pettu ("Rettai Pettu" or "Double Pettu").
- Saree Color: Pansy Purple (Medium-dark shade of Magenta-pink).
- Blouse Color: Pansy Purple with Gold Zari Border.
- Fabric / Material: Mulberry Silk & Cotton.
- Measurements: 6.2 meters including Blouse.
❗Disclaimer: This is a handloom Saree and may have slight irregularities that are a natural outcome of human involvement in the weaving process. Actual product color may vary slightly because of screen resolution and digital photography & dimensions are only approximate values.
• It is advisable to only dry-clean our Sarees. Use mild detergent to hand wash Cotton Sarees.
WASH, DRY & IRON PURE SILK THE RIGHT WAY
• For first three washes, dry cleaning is advisable for silk fabrics.
• If ever silk is washed in water, ensure it is washed in soft lukewarm water using a good neutral soap only.
• Squeeze lightly by hand to remove water after washing.
• Always dry the silk in shade only on a flat surface instead of hanging.
• Use low to medium heat while ironing.
• Always iron silk on the reverse side.
• Never spray water to dampen silk before ironing as it may cause water spots on the fabric.
• Do not wash the stains with water, instead give it for dry cleaning.
STORE PURE SILKS THE RIGHT WAY
• Store your Silk in a clean and dry environment using Cotton bags; avoid plastic covers.
• Avoid direct contact with wood.
• Protect silk from insects, dust, excessive moisture and light.
• Periodically (every 3-6 months) expose silks to fresh air and store after reversing the folds.
• Wrap Silk Sarees in cotton cloth or brown paper to avoid blackening of zari.
• Instead of Naphthalene balls, keep silica gel sachets in storage racks.
DOMESTIC SHIPPING: We offer FREE SURFACE SHIPPING for all Indian orders. Free shipping is automatically applied at checkout.
The Weaves Art (TWA) is committed to deliver your order with good quality packaging within given time frame. We ship Monday to Friday (excluding weekends and national holidays in India). Delivery within India takes 3 to 5 business days from dispatch. Should you need an expedited delivery, please DM (Direct Message) us and we will try our best to prioritize your order.
INTERNATIONAL SHIPPING: For international shipping, the shipping cost will be calculated at the time of checkout. We deliver all major countries in the world and use the best possible service to get your order delivered to you. International delivery takes 7 to 10 business days from dispatch.