Handwoven Two tone Checks (Kattam) Korvai Kanchipuram Silk saree
Plaids, Kattam, Checks never go out of fashion. Effortlessly chic aesthetic, let our two-tone Glen plaid hand-woven Korvai Kanchipuram Silk saree inundate your occasion repertoire. A timeless staple, this Peach-orange checks Kanjivaram silk saree is an absolute choice when you want to wow your entourage. Dress up with glitz and glam by adding gold jewelry.
Saree body: Embellished with heritage-inspired contemporary Glen plaid in Peach-orange tone of a Papaya Whip color. The subtle plaid has a conglomerate of alternating eighteen dark and light color stripes cross each other to create a pattern of checks. Isn’t that a splendid interplay of tones?
Saree border: The 10” high-contrast Saree border in the dark charcoal shade has a row of small triangles referred to as pillayar moggu in Tamil language and large triangles referred to as thazhampoo rekku in alternates, interlocked using Korvai technique and accentuated with fine stripes in Golden oak color. The triangles resembling temple gopurams add incredible allure to the staple.
Saree Pallu & Blouse: The Pallu has stripes in Golden oak color and bands in Silver sand color with Thazhampoo Rekku motif in the dark charcoal shade on both sides lends an ebullient edge to the drape. Comes with a blouse in the dark charcoal shade with fine stripes akin to that of the Saree border.
❗Disclaimer: This is a handloom Saree and may have slight irregularities that are a natural outcome of human involvement in the weaving process. Actual product color may vary slightly because of screen resolution and digital photography.
• It is advisable to only dry-clean our Sarees. Use mild detergent to hand wash Cotton Sarees.
WASH, DRY & IRON PURE SILK THE RIGHT WAY
• For first three washes, dry cleaning is advisable for silk fabrics.
• If ever silk is washed in water, ensure it is washed in soft lukewarm water using a good neutral soap only.
• Squeeze lightly by hand to remove water after washing.
• Always dry the silk in shade only on a flat surface instead of hanging.
• Use low to medium heat while ironing.
• Always iron silk on the reverse side.
• Never spray water to dampen silk before ironing as it may cause water spots on the fabric.
• Do not wash the stains with water, instead give it for dry cleaning.
STORE PURE SILKS THE RIGHT WAY
• Store your Silk in a clean and dry environment using Cotton bags; avoid plastic covers.
• Avoid direct contact with wood.
• Protect silk from insects, dust, excessive moisture and light.
• Periodically (every 3-6 months) expose silks to fresh air and store after reversing the folds.
• Wrap Silk Sarees in cotton cloth or brown paper to avoid blackening of zari.
• Instead of Naphthalene balls, keep silica gel sachets in storage racks.
DOMESTIC SHIPPING: We offer FREE SURFACE SHIPPING for all Indian orders. Free shipping is automatically applied at checkout.
The Weaves Art (TWA) is committed to deliver your order with good quality packaging within given time frame. We ship Monday to Friday (excluding weekends and national holidays in India). Delivery within India takes 3 to 5 business days from dispatch. Should you need an expedited delivery, please DM (Direct Message) us and we will try our best to prioritize your order.
INTERNATIONAL SHIPPING: For international shipping, the shipping cost will be calculated at the time of checkout. We deliver all major countries in the world and use the best possible service to get your order delivered to you. International delivery takes 7 to 10 business days from dispatch.