Aroushi - Iruthalai Pakshi Handloom Kanchi Silk Cotton Saree with Zari Border & Pallu
Indulge in a royal experience with Aroushi, a captivating handloom Kanchi Silk Cotton Saree that entices with its mesmerizing two-tone jewel tones, where the enchanting blue topaz and vibrant red coral come together in a radiant and iridescent symphony. Meticulously crafted from top-quality cotton and silk, this saree is further adorned with the shimmer of golden zari, making it the ultimate embodiment of luxury. Aroushi is the ideal choice for those special occasions when you desire to dazzle without the weight of heavy silk sarees. Allow this saree to serve as your canvas for self-expression, your unique story to narrate, and your embodiment of pure grace.
Saree Body: Adorned with “Iruthalai pakshi motifs" (Gandaberunda or Berunda, two-headed Hindu mythological bird with magical powers) in repeat pattern in cream and orange hues within enclosed "windowpane checks". One of the most stunning motifs in heritage Kanjivaram Sarees, each gandaberunda motif tells its own story, perhaps representing different aspects of life, nature, or mythology.
Saree Border: The 6-inch saree's border is a testament to timeless charm, with a rich “Retta Pett" (rettai pettu / double-pet) border in a deep blue-green hue at the top and bottom edges. Adorned with gold zari bands featuring “Annapakshi motifs”and “Mayilkann motifs (diamond mesh pattern)”, framed by “thuthiri poo motifs”, it radiates pure elegance. A saddle brown band (a medium dark shade of orange), enhanced with "gold zari geometric lines" and accented by "gold zari paisley anklets," gracefully concludes with a "deep ruby-colored selvedge," adding a captivating finishing touch.
Saree Pallu: The gold zari pallu glistens in contrast to the two-tone color base, reflecting the captivating design from the border. Additionally, bands of "leaping horses," interspersed with "paisley & rudraksham butta pillars" in gold zari, add an extra layer of elegance. The divided pallu field showcases cream and orange "circular frames" embellished with "lion," "deer," and "horse motifs," intricately connected by delicate "floral vines." This exquisite weaving reflects unparalleled artistry and unwavering dedication.
Saree blouse: Completing this ensemble, the saree comes with an unstitched blouse in the same two-tone color scheme, echoing the elegance of the saree's body and mirroring the border's grace.
The Finer Details:
- Source: Curated directly from the weaver.
- Weaving Cluster: Kanchipuram / Kanjivaram.
- Technic: Retta Pettu ("Rettai Pettu" or "Double Pettu").
- Saree Color: Two-tone jewel tones (blue topaz and red coral).
- Blouse Color: Two-tone jewel tones.
- Fabric / Material: Mulberry Silk & Cotton.
- Measurements: 6.2 meters including Blouse.
❗Disclaimer: This is a handloom Saree and may have slight irregularities that are a natural outcome of human involvement in the weaving process. Actual product color may vary slightly because of screen resolution and digital photography & dimensions are only approximate values.
• It is advisable to only dry-clean our Sarees. Use mild detergent to hand wash Cotton Sarees.
WASH, DRY & IRON PURE SILK THE RIGHT WAY
• For first three washes, dry cleaning is advisable for silk fabrics.
• If ever silk is washed in water, ensure it is washed in soft lukewarm water using a good neutral soap only.
• Squeeze lightly by hand to remove water after washing.
• Always dry the silk in shade only on a flat surface instead of hanging.
• Use low to medium heat while ironing.
• Always iron silk on the reverse side.
• Never spray water to dampen silk before ironing as it may cause water spots on the fabric.
• Do not wash the stains with water, instead give it for dry cleaning.
STORE PURE SILKS THE RIGHT WAY
• Store your Silk in a clean and dry environment using Cotton bags; avoid plastic covers.
• Avoid direct contact with wood.
• Protect silk from insects, dust, excessive moisture and light.
• Periodically (every 3-6 months) expose silks to fresh air and store after reversing the folds.
• Wrap Silk Sarees in cotton cloth or brown paper to avoid blackening of zari.
• Instead of Naphthalene balls, keep silica gel sachets in storage racks.
DOMESTIC SHIPPING: We offer FREE SURFACE SHIPPING for all Indian orders. Free shipping is automatically applied at checkout.
The Weaves Art (TWA) is committed to deliver your order with good quality packaging within given time frame. We ship Monday to Friday (excluding weekends and national holidays in India). Delivery within India takes 3 to 5 business days from dispatch. Should you need an expedited delivery, please DM (Direct Message) us and we will try our best to prioritize your order.
INTERNATIONAL SHIPPING: For international shipping, the shipping cost will be calculated at the time of checkout. We deliver all major countries in the world and use the best possible service to get your order delivered to you. International delivery takes 7 to 10 business days from dispatch.