Shrishti - Natural Dyed Ajrakh Print Handloom Kota Doria Saree with Pure Zari Border
Inspired by the Indigenous craftsmanship of block printing & resist dyeing, Shrishti, our Natural Dyed Ajrakh Print Handloom Kota Doria Saree with Pure Zari Border, features a distinctive combination of Paisleys, geometrical, and Khungri (floral motifs) layered in rich, earthy tones and unprinted sparkling white motifs on a gossamer cotton base.
A graceful blend of harmony with nature, you will be delighted to embrace Shrishti, the eternal wearable art of Ajrakh with roots stretching to inhabitants of the ancient Indus Valley Civilization.
Brief Elucidation: The designs used in the Ajrakh block Print are based on Mizan - the Islamic architecture with a fundamental meaning of Balance and Rhythm of life in sync with nature and ourselves. Natural dyes embody the sense that there is an exchange between creativity, expertise, what we wear, and the natural world. The color Crimson Red for the earth, Black for darkness, White for clouds & stars, and Indigo for Universe itself.
Saree Border: The harmonious circulation of Arabesque (Scrolling foliage - most common element of Islamic art expression) border with a glistening pure zari band along with a charcoal color selvage adds elegance to the drape.
Saree Pallu: The ornamental Arabesque patterns of scrolling & interlacing foliage, tendrils, plain lines, and geometric shapes vibrate & oscillate to create harmony between the components of the craft; and the gold zari band and svelte zari lines add charm to the drape.
Saree Blouse: Comes with an unstitched Ajrakh Print blouse with a charcoal color selvage.
The Finer Details:
- Source: Curated directly from the weaver.
- Weaving Cluster: Kota, Rajasthan.
Technic: Hand block Printing & Resist Dyeing involving 14-16 stages.
- Khats: 1350*.
Saree Color: Multi-Color.
- Blouse Color: Multi-Color.
- Fabric / Material: 100% Cotton | Gold Zari.
- Measurements: Saree Length: 5.28 Meters | Saree Width: 44.035 Inches.
- Blouse: 0.864 Meters.
- Authenticity: Natural Dyes.
❗Disclaimer: This is a handloom and Ajrakh block printed Saree and may have slight irregularities that are a natural outcome of human involvement in the weaving/dyeing process. The Ajrakh print always has dissimilarities and faded colors which add to its beauty. We attempt to display Saree images and Saree specifications as accurately as possible. However, actual product color may vary slightly because of screen resolution & digital photography and dimensions are only approximate values.
• It is advisable to only dry-clean our Sarees. Use mild detergent to hand wash Cotton Sarees.
WASH, DRY & IRON PURE SILK THE RIGHT WAY
• For first three washes, dry cleaning is advisable for silk fabrics.
• If ever silk is washed in water, ensure it is washed in soft lukewarm water using a good neutral soap only.
• Squeeze lightly by hand to remove water after washing.
• Always dry the silk in shade only on a flat surface instead of hanging.
• Use low to medium heat while ironing.
• Always iron silk on the reverse side.
• Never spray water to dampen silk before ironing as it may cause water spots on the fabric.
• Do not wash the stains with water, instead give it for dry cleaning.
STORE PURE SILKS THE RIGHT WAY
• Store your Silk in a clean and dry environment using Cotton bags; avoid plastic covers.
• Avoid direct contact with wood.
• Protect silk from insects, dust, excessive moisture and light.
• Periodically (every 3-6 months) expose silks to fresh air and store after reversing the folds.
• Wrap Silk Sarees in cotton cloth or brown paper to avoid blackening of zari.
• Instead of Naphthalene balls, keep silica gel sachets in storage racks.
DOMESTIC SHIPPING: We offer FREE SURFACE SHIPPING for all Indian orders. Free shipping is automatically applied at checkout.
The Weaves Art (TWA) is committed to deliver your order with good quality packaging within given time frame. We ship Monday to Friday (excluding weekends and national holidays in India). Delivery within India takes 3 to 5 business days from dispatch. Should you need an expedited delivery, please DM (Direct Message) us and we will try our best to prioritize your order.
INTERNATIONAL SHIPPING: For international shipping, the shipping cost will be calculated at the time of checkout. We deliver all major countries in the world and use the best possible service to get your order delivered to you. International delivery takes 7 to 10 business days from dispatch.